If you’re doing the end-to-end deployment of Microsoft 365 for enterprise yourself, you should first build a firm foundation upon which applications and services can unlock creativity and teamwork in a secure environment. This foundation is sometimes referred to as a core deployment.
For a defined end-to-end path for deployment, you can use these phases to plan for and deploy the foundation infrastructure of Microsoft 365 for enterprise:
|MICROSOFT 365 FOR ENTERPRISE FOUNDATION INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Your network is optimized for access to Microsoft 365’s cloud-based services.|
|Your admin accounts are protected, your users and groups are synchronized, and your user authentication is strong.|
|Your existing Windows-based computers can upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and new devices are installed with Windows 10 Enterprise.|
|Your existing users of Microsoft Office can upgrade to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.|
|Your devices can be enrolled and managed.|
|Microsoft 365 security features are enabled and your labels and policies are ready to protect documents and email.|
The phases start with the most foundational (networking and identity), and then create layers of infrastructure settings and groups to:
- Install the most current and secure version of Windows on your devices and keep it current.
- Install the most current version of Microsoft Office on your devices and keep it current.
- Manage your organization’s devices and their access to apps.
Protect the information on those devices and in the cloud.
The Microsoft 365 for enterprise foundation infrastructure poster is a central location for you to view, for each phase:
- The overall goals of the phase for administrators and users
- The services, features, and tools
- The key design decisions for planning
- The configuration results
- The process for on-boarding a new user
How to monitor and update
I have attached the poster for your reference. Please download from here – Microsoft 365 Enterprise Foundation Infrastructure